It’s a common notion that healthy food is not tasty. But as a matter of fact, healthy food can become way more delicious and tempting just by adding different ingredients and some extra effort. If you are hosting a dinner this Thanksgiving Day, we give you a mouth-watering Paleo Thanksgiving recipe which is not only extremely healthy but also tastes better than any other turkey you have ever tasted.
Butter and Mushroom roasted turkey:
Follow this simple recipe to get the most delicious and tempting turkey you have ever had. Use of dried wild mushroom and butter to roast the turkey will give you a tasty final sauce.
- One turkey weighing around 10-12 lb;
- Ground dried thyme;
- ½ cup chicken stock;
- Garlic powder;
- Finely chopped sage, thyme, rosemary and marjoram;
- ½ cup BBQ sauce (must be sugar-free and of good quality)
For mushroom butter:
- ¼ lb butter;
- 1 ¼ cups of dried wild mushrooms;
- 1 tbsp white wine;
- Set the temperature to 450 F (Preheat the oven).
- Make the powder of dried mushroom with the help of coffee grinder.
- Put that powder in a bowl, add some soft butter in it and mix it.
- Mix it again after adding wine in it.
- Remove the two bags containing the liver, heart, gizzards and neck after cleaning the turkey then place it in a roasting pan.
- Now you need to place some of the mushroom butter between the skin and flesh of the turkey. You can do it by cutting the skin of turkey at a few places and the mushroom butter can be added by a kitchen syringe or a small spoon.
- Generously season the turkey with dried thyme, black pepper, garlic powder, and poultry mix.
- Spread the remaining mushroom butter on the surface of the bird.
- A sheet of aluminum foil is now to be placed loosely over the bird and place it in the oven.
- Immediately after placing the turkey in the oven, reduce the heat to 350 F. It should be cooked for about 18 minutes per pound. Salt and pepper seasoning is recommended after every 30 minutes of cooking.
- To make sure the meat is moist; baste it about every 20 minutes.
- When fully cooked, remove the bird from the oven. Take it out of the pan and place it aside.
- To prepare the sauce; place the pan with the chicken stove on the stove. The heat should be medium.
- Add the BBQ sauce and bring it to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and immediate serve the sauce with the turkey.
Note: In order to get a crisp and golden skin, remove the aluminum foil before an hour of the end of cooking process.
There you go, now you have the most delicious Paleo Thanksgiving recipe. Share this recipe with your friends and spread the healthy paleo diet.