On a Paleo diet? Sticking to a diet devoid of your favorite meats, cheeses and possibly everything that you like can be quite tough, especially when you’re craving for a snack.
Here are 15 simple Paleo diet snack ideas that will tingle your taste buds without the guilt of gorging on something unhealthy. Go grab them the next time you feel the urge to snack on something.
- Spicy Zucchini Chips – sprinkle some baked zucchini chips with some paprika or curry powder and toss!
- Baked Apple Crisps – thin apple slices baked till they turn crisp are perfect for that sweet indulgence.
- Sweet Potato and Herbs – sweet potato wedges or slices baked in the oven and sprinkled with dried herbs make for good diet snacks.
- Pumpkin Seeds – a handful of toasted pumpkin seeds make for another great option when it comes to choosing Paleo diet snacks.
- Stuffed Dates – nothing better than a couple of dates stuffed with almond butter for satisfying your sweet tooth.
- Mixed Spice Nuts – a handful of mixed nuts toasted lightly with chilli powder can be the perfect healthy snack option.
- Watermelon Gummies – watermelon pulp frozen in an ice tray or a silicon mould can be another great Paleo diet weight loss snack worth trying!
- Beet Crisps – sliced beet toasted until crisp and dipped in an avocado-based dip can make for another simple diet snack to get your hands on!
- Sticky Brussels Sprouts – Brussels sprouts pan fried with a spicy sticky sauce for a couple of minutes can be another great snack option or an accompaniment to meals.
- Fruit Leather Combo – pureed fresh fruits spread onto a baking paper and frozen can make for a great addition to your list of diet snacks that taste amazingly sweet and are low in calories and chock full of nutrients!
- Banana Slice Wonders – sliced bananas topped with almond butter make for another quick snack option that sticks to the Paleo diet basics.
- Seaweed Crisps – packed with the power of vitamins and minerals, seaweed crisps are another snack option to give a try- sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds for an extra crunch.
- Baked Zucchini Strips – zucchini strips baked till crisp and sprinkled with ground pepper or spice mix is another quick way to satisfy your craving for something crunchy and spicy while still sticking to the Paleo diet.
- Carrot Stick’ed – carrot sticks dipped into a spicy salsa or a homemade avocado tip can be another yummy snack option to try out.
- Turnip Power – baked turnip slices rubbed with some sea salt and garlic make for another crispy addition to the list of Paleo diet-approved snacks.
Give just a few of these a try, and see how easy it is to follow the Paleo diet! It is also a great idea to prepare some of these and store them for future use, or carry them with you when you’re on a road trip or at work, or whenever you feel you’re more likely to have cravings!